Gretel GT6000. Battery 6000 mAh, dual camera, $109.99
The Gretel GT6000 has been recently released and it is an ideal choice for those who need a “long-playing” smartphone with a decent and even a dual camera for a reasonable price. At the moment, he has no competitors at $ 109.99.
The novelty of Gretel differs from the classic strict design; it is enclosed in a strong metal case and is available in three colors – black, blue and white. In addition, the kit comes with the GT6000 branded silicone case and protective film.
The main chips Gretel GT6000
- With a capacity of 6000 mAh it is really a huge battery. Just like an adult.
- Support for fast charging using MediaTek PumpExpress 2.0 technology
- Not a bad double main camera with a background blur function and even something similar to a hardware-software zoom.
- Support for 4G LTE networks and installation of two SIM-cards in nano-SIM format.
- Sturdy and, at the same time, stylish metal case.
- “Clean” Android 7.0 Nougat “out of the box.”
- Quite a rich package, which includes, among others, the original silicone bumper for the Gretel GT6000.
- The price is slightly more than 100 US dollars.
Without any doubt, the main feature of the Gretel GT6000 is because of the battery of a huge capacity of 6000 mAh this smartphone will be taken, and not because of a double camera with zoom. The manufacturer promises that a fully charged battery will last for:
- 16 hours of video playback;
- 30 hours of talk time on 3G UMTS networks;
- 43.5 hours of talk time on 2G GSM networks;
- 412.5 hours of standby time.
Thus, once charge it should be quiet enough for 2-3 days of moderate use. And to the owner of the Gretel GT6000 did not have to long bore at the outlet, provides support for fast charging PumpExpress 2.0.
The main camera of the Gretel GT6000 is dual and is equipped with a pair of sensors with a resolution of 13 Mp (main, Panasonic MN34172 module, aperture f / 2.2, standard lens) and 1.3 Mp (auxiliary, telephoto). Interestingly, in addition to blurring the background on portrait and subject pictures (“bokeh”), this combination offers something like a fourfold (!) Software-hardware zooms.
True hope for the latter is not worth it. Despite the fact that the additional sensor is equipped with a telephoto lens, it has a very low resolution. So without miracles. The front camera, in its turn, is not noticeable. Its resolution is 5.0 Mp.
Hardware Gretel GT6000 leaves a double impression. On one hand, the mobile processor MediaTek MT6737 installed inside it is a 32-bit MTK6580 without the support of 4G, which the Chinese are pushing into every second “budget”.
On the other hand, the performance of MT6737 is also not very bright. And it is difficult to expect something outstanding from a quad-core CPU with a frequency of 1.3 GHz in combination with a single-core graphics accelerator ARM Mali-T720, as well as a very “noisy” memory controller.
Gretel GT6000 has a RAM of 2GB which is also not so much (thanks to not 1 Gb), the built-in flash drive is also not very large – 16 Gb. Interestingly, in the official specification of the smartphone, the maximum capacity for microSD memory card is indicated as 32 Gb. In general, sparsely.
Here everything is very standard for an inexpensive “Chinese”: a diagonal of 5.5 inches, a resolution of FullHD 1080 × 1920 pixels, an IPS matrix manufactured by Sharp. It would be desirable FullHD, but, alas, the chipset does not support.
- Slow quad-core processor, thanks though 64-bit.
- Not enough memory, both operational and basic. Yes and a flash drive more than 32 GB according to the official specification does not shove.
- A very thick body – 1.08 mm and a large weight – 230 grams.
Is it worth to buy or not worth it?
In our opinion, Gretel GT6000 is worth taking in the event that you need a “long-playing” smartphone with a large capacity battery. In this case, the purchase of this device fully justifies itself, but rather a good dual camera will be a good bonus to the battery for 6000 mAh.
However, before you buy the GT6000, it’s worth considering that this is a purely male device, large and quite heavy, and certainly not designed for an elegant female handle. In the latter case, it is necessary to pay attention to Vernee Thor E.