Oukitel U11 Plus. Cheap 5.7-inch screened phablet
Today our “survey networks” caught a very interesting device: Oukitel U11 Plus. This is relatively inexpensive fascia which boasts a large 5.7-inch FullHD screen, two cameras with a resolution of 13 Mp and a very capacious battery with overwhelming strength.
For 177.86 dollars – sounds like an excellent choice!
A novelty from Oukitel was released in the second half of the spring of 2017, but majority of the online publications that analyse these mobile technologies have at best limited themselves to short notes on U11 Plus. But all in vain!
At a price range of up to $ 200, it seems irony to search a substitute for the Oukitel U11 Plus: either the screen will be smaller or larger than required, or a low-power processor with little potential, or a “so-so” camera, or with a weak battery power, or little operational and built-in memory, or all at once.
In addition to this, since mid-July, U11 Plus has become available not just in classic white and black colors but also in unique versions of Brilliant Black (“Diamond-Black”) and Sapphire Blue (“Sapphire Blue”).
Main chips Oukitel U11 Plus
- Not often found in economical smartphones 5.7-inch screen with a resolution of FullHD (usually 5.5 inches), it is guarded by shockproof glass Asahi Glass with 2.5D-effect.
- A good amount of operational and built-in memory – 4 GB and 64 GB.
- Main and front cameras with a resolution of 13 Mp.
- An appreciable battery capacity of 3700 mAh in association with the mode of “smart” power saving and support for rapid charging PumpExpress 2.0.
- Fast fingerprint scanner. The claimed response speed is 0.1 s.
- “Clean” Android 7.0 Nougat “out of the box.”
- Stylish and durable body with a frame made of aviation aluminum.
- A rich complete set of Oukitel U11 Plus, which includes the two cases – a standard and simple silicone “bumper.”
- Price list – less than 180 US dollars.
This is not the first time that Oukitel Company offers interesting and quite extraordinary solutions, in which one cannot suspect yet another attempt to copy the design of Apple iPhone 6/7. To the new U11 Plus, this statement applies to the fullest inevitably.
Its stylish metal frame is made of aviation aluminum.
Textured back cover is made of polycarbonate resembling with that of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but it is more appropriate and convenient.
Visually large (actually there is a nuance) screen is covered with the shockproof glass with 2.5D-effect.
Only a few mechanical elements are employed like the “Power” button and the volume control keys.
The 3.5 mm headphone jack, unlike “some”, has not disappeared anywhere and is located at the top and the MicroUSB socket is at the bottom.
About the “insides” of the smartphone
The novelty of Oukitel is based on a fairly ubiquitous eight-core MediaTek MT6750T from the Celestial Empire. This is roughly the same as Helio P10 from the same manufacturer, but with lower clock speeds and correspondingly lower performance, it has better energy absorption.
But Oukitel U11 Plus is equipped with 4 GB of RAM and a very appealing for its class of flash drive capacity of 64 GB. If required, the user can expand the internal storage by installing a microSD memory card up to 256 GB. Moreover, the truth is that the tray is a hybrid (nano-SIM + nano-SIM, or nano-SIM + microSD).
4 GB of RAM and 64 GB Flash
Next we come across the fact that U11 Plus has an excellent screen which was already mentioned earlier. Its diagonal is 5.7 inches, which is much more suitable than 5.5 inches, especially while viewing sites and using gaming applications. The resolution is quite genuine for the price range of the new Oukitel – FullHD 1920 × 1080.
The matrix for the Oukitel U11 Plus display is generated by AUO. From the outwardly appearance, it is observed to be protected by a shockproof glass with 2.5D-effect from Asahi Glass. With side frames, the situation is again the same. They are quite thin when viewed but the screen itself still has a black border within it.
Both the main and front cameras of Oukitel U11 Plus are equipped with sensors with a resolution of 13.0 Mp. Moreover, “frontalka” also has its LED flash, which is not often found even among Chinese smartphones. There is, however, one “but” the manufacturer hung interpolation up to 16 Mp on both cameras.
While coming to the terms of communication, the new U11 Plus from Oukitel represents an almost impeccable solution for money: support for two SIM cards in the nano-SIM format, data download in 4G LTE networks up to 300 Mbit / s (Category 6). Slightly, it spoils the impression, again that is the hybrid tray, which was mentioned above exaggerates it.
Sadly, oukitel U11 Plus has a hybrid tray for SIM cards and MicroSD
The battery of the Oukitel U11 Plus is, undoubtedly, quite good with a capacity of 3700 mAh. Due to an inexpensive processor, the smartphone can easily work out a day from one charge. Moreover, a mode of low power consumption is also available as an alternative, and there is support for swift charging of PumpExpress 2.0.
Battery capacity 3700 mAh
There is a smartphone running almost “clean” Android 7.0 Nougat, but the manufacturer added some useful chips like “smart” gestures. For example, a screenshot of the screen in three touches is quite noteful and serviceable.
Disadvantages of Oukitel U11 Plus
- A weak mobile processor for the price category of this very smartphone is MediaTek MT6750T. This is when the competitors are putting more advanced and sophisticated paradigms such as Helio P20 and P25.
- The notorious interpolation, which too often deceive the Chinese manufacturers. “Honest” 13 Mp is something more than enough, and a digital zoom of up to 16 Mp will not add quality to the photos.
- Sufficiently massive and weighty body with a thickness of 9.8 mm, and the mass as much as 210 g is practically beneficial and therefore, of great demand.