Review: Uhans Note 4. Simply a good budgetary up to $100
Released in August 2017, Uhans Note 4 is a very good budget phone with a 5.5-inch screen. Even among Chinese smartphones, up to $100, it is difficult to find a worthy alternative yet.
Readers, who are already familiar with the products of this company, probably remember that the previous model Note 3 went well. In fact, Uhans Note 4 is an accessible version of the more advanced Redmi Note 4 from Xiaomi. You’ll see some resemblance between them too.
The main features of Uhans Note 4
• Recognizable classic design, complete copy of a more expensive Xiaomi Fablet.
• The presence of touch control buttons at the bottom of the 5.5-inch screen, allowing the use of its space by 100%.
• Multi-touch display Uhans Note 4 recognizes up to 10 touches.
• 3 Gb “RAM” and a built-in storage capacity of 32 Gb.
• The ability to expand the internal data storage by installing a MicroSD memory card with a capacity of up to 128 Gb.
• Support for the installation of two SIM-cards format micro-SIM + nano-SIM and 4G LTE networks.
• Not a bad main camera Uhans Note 4 with a 13-megapixel sensor and a powerful LED flash.
• Very good autonomy, thanks to a 4000 mAh battery and a “quiet” processor.
• Android OS 7.0 Nougat
• Includes a simple silicone case and a protective film on the screen.
The original declared value of Uhans Note 4 was $109.99, but from 7 to 13 August at least 80 pieces were sold under a special promotion for only $ 59.99.
At the moment, the smartphone can be bought at $ 99.99 with free shipping to almost anywhere in the world. In our opinion, Note 4 from Uhans is one of the best offers on the market among its class.
As already mentioned above, the appearance of Uhans Note 4 is copied from Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. However, it cannot be called a 100% copy of the latter. Because the Xiaomi has a slightly smaller size and is made of more expensive materials.
Nevertheless, this fresh gadget of Uhans looks very dignified and outwardly it can be taken for the original. Moreover, the case itself is also made of metal, and the side frames near the screen are almost invisible due to the 2.5D-effect of the protective glass.
Let’s get a brief overview of its design:
• At the bottom of the screen, there are three standard touch controls for the Android OS.
• At the top, there are a slot for the speaker, an “eye” of the front sensors and a front camera lens (from left to right).
• The mechanical buttons (volume and power controls) are located on the left side face at the top.
• Slots for SIM-cards and microSD are placed on the right.
• 3.5 mm jack for headphones/headset surprisingly, a microUSB connector are located at the top.
• Looking below, you’ll see only the grille of the main speaker and microphone.
• On the back side at the top center: a main camera, a powerful dual flash and a round fingerprint scanner.
• Plastic inserts for antennas are practically not distinguished from the metal components of the housing.
About “iron” Uhans Note 4
The smartphone is based on the budget mobile processor MediaTek MT6737 (also MTK6737). This solution includes four cores ARM Cortex-A53 with a clock speed of 1.3 GHz, graphics accelerator ARM Mali-T720 and a built-in modem supporting 4G LTE Category 4 networks.
The amount of RAM Uhans Note 4, as already mentioned above, is 3 Gb (LPDDR3 @ 640 MHz), and the built-in flash drive is 32 Gb (eMMC 5.0). The slot for MicroSD is a hybrid, so you have to choose: either the memory expansion, or the second card of the second operator.
On the one hand, it has a resolution of only HD ready (720 × 1280 pixels) with a diagonal of 5.5 inches. On the other hand, the sensor detects up to 10 touches, and the side frames are practically absent. The type of matrix used is IPS.
The main camera Uhans Note 4 has a resolution of 13.0 Mp, front – 5.0 Mp. Megapixels are quite genuine, they perform without any interpolation. Judging by the fact that the manufacturer does not advertise the model and parameters of the sensor, we can say that, OmniVision production modules are used here.
In terms of communication, everything is quite standard, except that the first slot is micro-SIM, and the second one is nano-SIM. However, we would appreciate if this configuration is made more convenient with the variation of nano-SIM + nano-SIM.
Certainly, the battery with a capacity of 4000 mAh is very advantageous for the smartphone. It works thoroughly one-and-a-half-day. Also, there is a possibility of quick recharging using MediaTek Pump Express 2.0 technology.
The Uhans Note 4 firmware is based on the “clean” Android 7.0 Nougat. In terms of performance, this is an undoubted plus, since the system is not overloaded.
Undoubtedly the strength of Uhans Note 4 is a good basic package. Aside from the smartphone itself, inside the box, you’ll get:
• USB cable.
• Silicone “bumper”.
• Protective film for the screen.
Disadvantages of a smartphone
Note 4 from Uhans missed the mark on the following categories:
• Quite weak by the standards of 2017 even for a budget smartphone processor MediaTek MT6737.
• Hybrid slot for MicroSD.
• The big weight – as much as 192 g. – feels like a “brick”!
• Absence of a wired headset
Theoretically, for this price, Uhans Note 4 is very good. Slightly less than for $100, you get a pretty decent tablet with a 5.5-inch screen, support for 4G networks, a metal case and a capacious