Review Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G- Spec, Photos and Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G Discount Price with Coupon Code
The Chinese miracle Xiaomi continues its active expansion in the market. After the aggressive penetration of the mobile device market, the company intervened in another high-tech segment – mirrorless cameras. But today not about cameras. Today we will get acquainted with another thing from this manufacturer. As you understand from the title, it’s about the new wireless router Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G, who recently came to me from China. I want to immediately draw your attention to the fact that this version of the “cut” now popular Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3 (without the prefix G). In other words, the novelty in all parameters is inferior to the older model. Nevertheless, let’s see what this router is.
- Processor: MT7628N
- ROM: 16MB NorFlash
- RAM: 64MB DDR2
- Supported wireless standards: 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b / g / n, up to 300 Mbit / s
- Ports: one WAN and two LANs (all rated at 100 Mbps)
- Supported security protocols: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
- External antennas: 4 pcs.
- Weight: 0.241 kg
- Dimensions: 19.50 x 10.70 x 2.54 cm
Package Contents and Appearance
Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G came to me in an orange cardboard tray, which in turn was inserted in a white cover with a router image and a description of the main features and characteristics in Chinese. In addition to the power supply, the router itself and useless Chinese documentation, nothing was found in the box, although the adapter for domestic power outlets would have come in handy. Externally, Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G looks almost like Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G. The only difference is that the hero of our review is smaller in size and does not have a USB port. All the body elements are made of matte white plastic. The device is very thin and light (about 200 g).
Here, in fact, a list of the main features that MiWiFi Router offers:
- On the main application page, you can see all the connected devices, as well as devices that previously connected to the router;
- information on the speed of connection and data transmission is available for each connected device; you can also configure Internet access control, enable device connection notification, add the device to the black list, set the speed limit;
- From the home page, you can access the following options: adding a router, adding a device, WPS connection;
- in Wi-Fi settings you can rename the network, change the network password, select the type of encryption, enable the hidden network, select the signal level,
- in the “Plugins” menu sections you can check for a new firmware for the router (you can install the firmware remotely), disable the front panel LED, reset the administrator password, change the router name, remotely reset or reset the router, schedule a reset of the router, backup the router settings , activate Wi-Fi shutdown by timer, set a speed limit for all devices, analyze Wi-Fi settings, restore factory settings, create guest WiFi, configure VPN and change Security Settings.
The following options are available:
- the main window contains information about traffic, the status of the channel of the channel in real time, the consumption of CPU resources and the memory of the router;
- in the settings of the wireless network, you can specify a name, hide the name, set the password and encryption;
- dropping below you can create a separate guest Wi-Fi network;
- in the Internet settings: PPPoE, DHCP, static IP address, WAN port speed setting, MAC address cloning capability, router operation modes;
- in the Security Center you can create a black or white list of devices, and change the password of the administrator of the router;
- in the settings of the local network, you can set the range of IP addresses and the internal IP of the router;
- The “System Status” section allows you to check for a new firmware, download the error log, backup / restore the router configuration, and change the time zone;
- in additional device settings, you can limit the network speed (QoS), assign a static IP, select a dynamic domain name service, configure port forwarding, VPN, and look at the list of UPnP devices.