Wanting to buy a budget “off-roader” Blackview BV4000 to prepare
The new protected smartphone Blackview BV4000 is addressed to all who want to buy a “mobile” with a dual camera for the most affordable price. The gadget clearly does not shine with expensive technical characteristics though.
In general, designing the most affordable gadgets like the BV4000 is not an easy task. It is necessary to certainly meet the limited amount and at the same time, it needs to somehow highlight the novelty against the background of competitors. I must say that the specialists of Blackview coped with this task very well.
However, right now the public isn’t showing much interest in Blackview BV4000. Particularly, at the forum 4pda (the largest RuNet resource dedicated to mobile devices), the topic about this device was closed due to the lack of people’s eagerness to start a discussion.
Key Features of Blackview BV4000
Speaking about the chips of the Chinese novelty, it is worth considering that it is an ultra-economic product. Therefore, any comparison is permissible only in relation to “classmates.”
• A relatively thin and compact protected smartphone that meets IP68 standards (water and dust resistance) and MIL-STD-810 (all almost the same, but plus protection from mechanical influences).
• Dual main camera, allowing to simulate the popular “bokeh” effect. Quite an unexpected component for the “all-terrain vehicle”.
• Not the worst battery capacity of 3680 mAh, which is enough for a long time, taking into account a very leisurely processor.
• Support for installing two SIM cards.
• “Clean” version of Android 7.0 Nougat “out of the box.”
• The morally outdated MediaTek MT6580A chipset, not familiar with either 64-bit computing or 4G LTE networks.
• Only 1 Gb of RAM and 8 Gb of internal memory. By today’s standards, it’s somehow very scant. The available space will score quite quickly even with a MicroSD card, and modern applications can slow down due to a shortage of RAM.
• There is no possibility of unlocking with a fingerprint.
• No fast charging (no support at the chipset level).
In early June at a special event in Prague, this innovative model was once shown in public. However, the opportunity to buy the Blackview BV4000 will appear only in the second half of August this year. The price will be announced later.
In terms of “toughness” Blackview BV4000 is clearly late for a couple of years. In the second half of 2014 and even in 2015, it would be a fine choice against the background of rivals. But at present, it is doomed to remain a budgetary outsider. And the lack of support for 4G discourages a lot of potential customers even with tight budgets.
However, if you want to buy the most inexpensive protected smartphone, but with a more or less decent camera, consider purchasing the BV4000. In addition, it has a decent battery capacity, which is very important for the device of its class.
Ideally, the novelty of Blackview will be demanding on the Ukrainian market. Because the country still does not have LTE networks, and the requirement for inexpensive yet strong smartphones is large enough.