Xiaomi Redmi 5A “surfaced” in a large-scale leak from the Middle Kingdom
The future Xiaomi Redmi 5A, in all probability, “surfaced” in the social network Weibo along with other budget smartphones of the Chinese company. In the leak, there are quite detailed characteristics, photos and even the most possible price for the Celestial Empire.
Compared with the current Redmi 4A, the new model will materially advance in technical terms:
- More powerful “eight-core” Snapdragon 625 instead of quad-core Snapdragon 425, besides having a wider range of modern communication capabilities.
- 3 Gb of RAM instead of 2 Gb.
- 5-inch screen with a resolution of FullHD 1080 × 1920 pixels instead of the previous 720 × 1280 (HD Ready).
- Work in LTE Category 7/13 networks (300 Mbps – download, 150 Mbps data transfer) as opposed to the previous LTE Category 4 (150 Mbps – download, 75 Mbps data transfer).
- Support for quick charging Quick Charge 3.0, which is directly stated in the published slides.
- The battery capacity of 3680 mAh instead of 3120 mAh.
Judging by the photo (more accurately by the readers) Xiaomi Redmi 5A will present itself in a thin metal case (only 7.6 mm against the previous 8.5 mm). Plastic inserts for the antennae will fit snugly to the edges “in the image and likeness” of the Apple iPhone 7.
Touch control keys are on their “legal” place at the bottom of the screen, which has become a familiar round fingerprint scanner – on the back of the Redmi 5A. Nowhere is the 3.5 mm headphone jack and headset, from which Xiaomi hurried to refuse in the case of the flagship Mi6.
But about the cameras Xiaomi Redmi 5A so far very little is known, but according to the leaks the main will have a resolution of 16 Mp, rather than 13 Mp (like its predecessor), and the “front” will remain 5-megapixel. Also in the picture, a double-face LED flash is to be added.
According to the Weibo slides, Redmi 5A will run on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, probably with a new version of the proprietary Xiaomi MiUI v9.0 shell.